Jobs and Economy
America is at a critical crossroads. It is clear that the Washington agenda set by President Obama and Speaker Pelosi is not working. Despite Washington Democrats spending over a trillion dollars on “stimulus,” our unemployment continues to hover around 10 percent leaving millions of Americans unemployed.
This isn’t the right direction for our country. That is why I voted against the Wall Street bank bailouts, I voted against the failed trillion-dollar stimulus and against the trillion-dollar government takeover of health care. I know that more government, more spending and more taxes are not the answer.
The national debt now exceeds a whopping $13 trillion. We cannot spend our way to prosperity.
Empowering the American people will lead us toward prosperity. We must reward hard work, ingenuity, creativity and entrepreneurship.
At the end of this year, families and small businesses across Kentucky and our nation face a tax increase that totals $3.8 trillion! A massive tax increase on every American is the wrong prescription during one of the worst economic periods in our history. Uncertainty is one of the biggest plagues on our struggling economy. Congress should act immediately to prevent this massive job-killing tax increase.
Small businesses have created more than 70% of all new jobs in the last decade. They are at the heart of job creation and they will be the engine that gets the economy going again.
I am committed to fiscally responsible solutions for creating jobs here in Kentucky. To start, we should:
- Stop Speaker Pelosi and President Obama from allowing $3.8 trillion in new taxes
- Repeal Obamacare and replace it with commonsense measures to reduce costs and increase access to care
- Adopt an all-of-the-above energy plan
- Grow small businesses, rather than the size of government
- Pass the REINS Act to hold the federal government accountable for the thousands of rules and regulations proposed by the executive branch before it can be enforced on the American people.
Additionally, I want to protect Kentucky taxpayers by:
- Extending all of the 2001 and 2003 tax rates to prevent the largest tax hike in American history from taking effect
- Permanently ending the Death Tax
- Repealing the Alternative Minimum Tax
- Encouraging working families to save more by establishing tax-exempt individual development account
The National Federation of Independent Business’ (NFIB) committee known as Save America’s Free Enterprise (SAFE) has endorsed my candidacy for Congress.
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce also endorsed my campaign.