Stop the Spending
America is at a critical crossroads.
It is clear that the Washington agenda set by President Obama and Speaker Pelosi is not working. Like you, I know more government, more spending and more taxes is not the answer. Our unemployment rate continues to hover near 10 percent in Kentucky and nationwide, and the federal debt exceeds $13 trillion. We cannot spend our way to prosperity.
That is why I stood up for Fourth District Kentuckians and voted:
- Against the $125 billion bailout to Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac
- Against the $700 billion bank bailout (TARP)
- Against President Obama’s failed $862 billion “stimulus”
- Against the $3.6 trillion budget for the 2010 Fiscal Year
- Against the $600 billion Cap-and-Trade tax
- Against the one-trillion dollar government takeover of health care
I am fighting against the borrow, bailout, tax and spend agenda in Washington. We don’t need to raise taxes. We need to cut spending. Washington doesn’t have a revenue problem. We have a spending problem.
- Adopting a Balanced Budget Amendment to the Constitution
- Passing the CAP the DEBT Act, which mandates a 2/3rds vote in the House and the Senate to increase the debt ceiling.
- Allow Kentucky families to keep more of their hard-earned dollars.
The federal government must learn to manage its budget like Kentucky families and small businesses– BALANCED.
Restoring fiscal discipline to Washington is necessary to protect and promote the opportunities of the next generation. Otherwise, we are robbing our children of a future.